Photograph info



By Laura Hereema Photography

Monday 30 June 2014

World Pride 2014 Toronto

Photos from cbc.com



One of the benefits of living in the big city for awhile is the exposure to many new & different views of life.

When I heard it was World Pride Week in Toronto this summer, I knew it would be an interesting & well-attended big party. Little did I know it would bring such a feeling of unity, acceptance & inclusion to the whole population.
I feel honoured that Canada was shown off in this spotlight. What tourist wouldn't want to visit this big-hearted, natural wonder-filled & diverse place where love trumps all. 

Unfortunately this week, between my badly sprained ankle & my breathing limitations (it was a muggy 36deg with humidity, I wasn't able to get out amongst the revellers or see any parades, but I enjoyed it all through my friends photos, Facebook & TV. 

When Brad took me to the shopping center, the feeling I found through the city was so supportive. Businesses were flying rainbow flags, posting welcoming messages in their windows. Tourist couples were strolling hand-in-hand on the streets & people were smiling. 

The week definitely proved that you do not have to be LGBTG to support the community & Canadians enjoy all the differences of people. I saw an interview with a couple from California who said during their Pride Parade in the US, there was protestors carrying signs saying "Die", while here in Toronto they found locals holding signs that say "Love". 



To get an idea what a big deal this was, the next World Pride will be held in Madrid, Spain in 2017. 




No comments:

Post a Comment