Photograph info



By Laura Hereema Photography

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Feeling a little blue

I'm on my own again for awhile. Meghan headed home this afternoon so it's a lilttle quiet and empty  in my place. I'm going to miss having my dining room be her walk-in closet!
Seriously, we had a great time and she got in lots of visits with her friends here in TO. They gave me many suggestions for my "Where to Eat" list and most of them are within blocks of here. 
The other night she had some of her friends over to swim and they ordered in Indian food. Mmmm, we loved the Butter Chicken, Tika Masala, Vegetable Korma and the NAAN bread. 
I'm learning so much about eating in the city. 
Yesterday was a challenge for me. It was my test run for walking over to the hospital for my physio. Just the idea of walking there was making me short of breath but I loaded my bag and my O2 in the wheelchair and pushed it the block to the hospital. Naturally it was cold and a little windy but I made it. I had to do it because I'll be doing it on my own at least 3 times a week. I'm so glad I had Meg for my first trip. Physio went vey well, but they will be pushing me a little harder than I was working at home, increasing weights right away.  
After the walk home I went straight to my bed and crashed for an hour to recover, too exhausted to talk or even sleep. 
Today, I am pretty sore and glad it's my day off!
While Meghan was here, I put her Swedish heritage to the test and she embraced the challenge, putting together my IKEA desk. No wonder everyone cringes when I look at the catalogue....
I love the stuff, a good cost-effective way to furnish a temporary living space. 


Thanks Meghan for all your help and for spending your vacation here with me!

1 comment:

  1. I admire you so much Carla!!!! You're such a strong beautiful woman! Donna

    ReplyDelete