Photograph info



By Laura Hereema Photography

Saturday 9 November 2013

Week 1 down, I'm on my way.

It was a few days of mostly sleeping & eating to recover from the move. I needed to build up my strength & energy for a full day of appointments at the hospital on Friday(yesterday). It was a very early start and my friend Bev Vandahl was here at 7:30am to haul my butt down the block & across Gerrard St. to TGH. Bev was a pretty good student, learning how to drive a weelchair, wrestle my O2 tank out of the carry case, find her way through the maze of buildings, wings & elevators. Most importantly, she knows where all the Starbucks & Tim Hortons are located now. After a CT Scan(0 on the ouch-factor 0-10 scale), blood work(1), chest xray(0), six-minute walk test(1), pulmonary function test(1), & 2D Echocardiogram(1 - for the digging into my ribs to find my heart), I was back across the street to the apartment by 4pm. What a bonus not having to fight through rush hour traffic after the appointments. I have been spending most of my time trying to watch TV on the Bell App on my iPad. I thought I'd be able to watch all the channels I subscribe to on Bell Satellite TV at home, but that was just too good to be true. Basically, you get all the Canadian programming that you would with the old "rabbit ears" antenna..... Unfortunately, local channels are a little obsessed with covering our good buddy, Mr. Ford. I broke down & ordered Bell TV to be installed here on Monday (then I can watch political fun in other countries, too). I'm also getting a local phone line because it turns out you need one in this old building to control guest entry. So much for saving $$$ on those things. Oh well, I'm a self-confessed TV addict & I will justify the expense with my usual reasoning - I don't smoke! so I don't spend money on cigarettes.....I tend to use this one a lot. Right now I am Netflix binging on "The Killing" TV series - such a good show. I've watched so much TV in the last year & I have discovered many great series. I'm going to add a section on the blog for my favourite shows, I'd love to hear your opinions & suggestions. Congrats Amy & Dan for a successful shag last night. (For non-Thunder Bay people, a shag is a pre-wedding social - concept and term credited to Thunder Bay in the dictionary). Wishing my Goddaughter, Carolyn & Rene a fabulous shag TONIGHT!!! I am with you in thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment