Photograph info



By Laura Hereema Photography

Sunday 10 November 2013

Window to the City

Funny thing I saw out my window last night. As I was looking out, I saw below a silver-blue minivan pull into a private office parking space on the side street behind our building. The doors opened and 5 young men spilled out. They huddled around the back of the van, then opened the hatch and pulled out some long items. I'm 9 stories up and it was dusk. I'm not sure why I continued to watch, but I am easily entertained these days. They started to skip off one by one, the van lights flashed as someone conscientiously locked the doors. It was only then I noticed that they were riding skate boards. They immediately stopped at a parkade entrance where a few of them started leaping and hanging from the black and yellow bars that stop tall vehicles from driving into the garage. As they swung from the bars, I saw one guy in a hoodie shooting pictures of each of them swinging. They took turns until a man with a security uniform showed up and they quickly rode off towards the Yonge St. Area. Was this a group of kids from the suburbs coming to town to ride the strip? Does that mom know where her minivan is? Will those photos be on Facebook to show their friends what badasses they are on a Saturday night downtown? Aw, to be a kid again.... The van was gone by around midnight when I went to bed, so I hope they had a safe night and didn't get into any trouble.
View out my window - you can see the top of the CN tower lit up in red.
View out my window - SickKids Hospital Elizabeth St. Entrance, the helipad is up on the right at very top of building. I hear the helicopters at all hours, have seen a few landings and take-offs.

1 comment:

  1. Carla, you just gotta take your writings and publish a book. I can picture the scene as you are telling it. You are a very good story teller. Not many have that capability. I know, just one of your many talents! LOL! Went to church today and as we have done for some time now, our mass (Randy and I) was for you. You seem to be on my mind all the time lately. Maybe it is because I got to know you so well at work these last few years, or maybe it is because my sister-in-law is now waiting to get on the transplant list for new lungs. Or maybe a little of both. I need your address, both mailing and delivery. Please send me an email with it. rwmajor@tbaytel.net Actually hope to come and visit you in the new year. My niece lives in the Beaches area and is always trying to get us down there. Maybe get Randy some hockey tickets and I'll spend the day with you while he is at the hockey game. We'll see. So take care, get your rest, keep away from germs and keep the faith... Big Hug Wanda

    ReplyDelete