Photograph info



By Laura Hereema Photography

Monday 23 December 2013

GTA Christmas Ice Storm 2013

Yesterday, a tremendous amount of freezing rain in S. Ontario caused ice laden trees & hydro lines to collapse & over 300,000 homes were without power for hours. 

Luckily, I was not one of them. 

I did prepare as much as i could for my power to go out, but happy to say I'm still warm & have power. 
My friend Bev Vandahl (part of my TO support team) called me in the afternoon to check on me, she is in one of the purple sections without power. She was happy to have her gas fireplace!


My building is in the small green area that was minimally affected by the blackout. 


Flights were delayed but most were cancelled altogether. 
My son Brad was supposed to come in yesterday for the holidays but unfortunately his flight was cancelled.:(

Airport is getting back to normal & Brad should be on his way shortly :) !



1 comment:

  1. We are glad to hear that you were not affected by the power outage. I am sure Brad will arrive shortly - safe and sound. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a great, strong and healthy 2014.. Hopefully we will all see you back home soon. George and Nancy

    ReplyDelete