Photograph info



By Laura Hereema Photography

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Old friend?!

One day last week after a vigorous and tiring session in the "treadmill room" at the hospital, I was on my way back to my apartment. It was cold, windy, getting dark and I was just focused on putting one foot in front of the other, trying to decide what I was going to warm up for dinner when I made it home. In the blur of strangers on the sidewalk, a smiling dirt-bronzed face popped up in front of me. "hey, you look way better than last time I saw you!" I did a double-take and wracked my foggy brain trying to remember who this dishevelled, bed-headed man could be. Then he quickly added "you were paler than a ghost before"......when it dawned on me, I didn't know him but he sure thought he knew me....  I smiled in my head and just kept pushing my walker down the street. Some days I think I am in a a time warp and feel like I've been dropped into a weird and surreal situation, like some sort of strange Hunger Games arena.  

No comments:

Post a Comment