Photograph info



By Laura Hereema Photography

Saturday 11 January 2014

A Reason, A Season, A Lifetime


I am saddened by the passing of the mother of one of my oldest and dearest friends. 

Anne was an important part of my teen years. Along with her husband Al, their home was always open to our group of friends as a safe place to hang out for Rumoli game, a spaghetti dinner or a house favourite card game of "Bugger up your Neigbour"!

From Anne we learned to celebrate Ukrainian Christmas in her very unique way. She was a character & while some saw her as a little eccentric sometimes, she was always entertaining & a loyal friend.  

Every year I think of Anne & Al Anderson on Ukrainian Christmas & this year was more poignant when Anne was quite sick & admitted to hospital on the Ukrainian holiday.  

I will continue to remember those good times. 
So for you Anne,
I won't touch my cards before they are all dealt & I NEVER play with my money during a card game!

My thoughts & love are with my good friends Ray & Bob, 
as well as their families on the loss of their mother & grandmother (Baba). 



1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear without news. I can only imagine history are feeling. I lost my mother 2009, my best friend..... landfill feels great sense of loss! Take care Carla with love Dana

    ReplyDelete