Photograph info



By Laura Hereema Photography

Friday 24 January 2014

Clinic Day - Hurry up & Wait!

(Oops, forgot to push publish button on Wednesday when I wrote this)

Today is my busy day at the hospital. Because of the freezing wind chill today, I chose to take my car. 

Yep, from my building parkade to the hospital parkade. My lungs wanted nothing to do with that icy wind. I'm sure they would've just shut down. Even my oxygen tubing freezes, gets hard & inflexible, so pops off my ears. 

When I got here the parkades were all full, so I had to wait in line for cars to leave before I could get in to park. 

I'm one of the first appointments of the afternoon so I got put in an exam room pretty quickly. Now I wait....lucky to have a window! hope I'm home before 7pm this time. 


Don't let this sunny view from my exam room at the hospital fool you. 


This is a view of my apartment building from the hospital - it's the tall narrow greyish brown coloured building. 


And a view down at the 2 block walk from my building to the hospital. Notice how the sun does not hit any part of that walk & you can see the wind tunnels created by the buildings. 



1 comment:

  1. Yes those Appts can consume you and at the end of the day you as so pooped you feel like sleeping for 24 hrs. Today I would have driven as well and my oxygen tank didn't work for 2 days cuz of the cold.

    ReplyDelete